Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rise Up!

Last Easter, my family and I having just moved to Tennessee visited a local church. During worship I began hearing a message from the Lord. It was a powerfully encouraging message but being we had never visited the church before, I didn’t know if they were accustomed to people delivering prophetic messages. I didn’t even know for sure that they believed in the gift of prophecy still operating in the church today; so I decided to wait and see if the pastor would speak on the message. Often times the Lord will give a message through two or more methods, not always but often. So I decided to wait and see if the message that I was hearing would come out in the sermon, but it didn’t.

The pastor didn’t even speak on anything close to the message that I was hearing and yet I continued to be very strongly pressed to share the message. While the pastor was wrapping up his sermon, I noticed the man who had done the announcements was standing in the back of the sanctuary. I walked over to him and simply said, “I believe I have a word from the Lord for the church, how do you handle such things?” To which he promptly said, “Well, hand on just a minute,” and walked forward to speak with the pastor who had just turned the service back over to the worship leader for a closing song.

The pastor motioned me forward and said, “You said you have a word from the Lord, but Who are you?” To which I replied, “Well, nobody really, we just moved here to Tennessee from Virginia and this is the first time we’ve visited the church.” He thought about that for a second and replied, “Well, would you be willing to share the word with me so that I can share it with the congregation? I mean, you must understand that I don’t know anything about you.” I replied, “Of course that’s fine; I understand” and proceeded to share with him the message and walked to the back of the sanctuary.

He went back up to the pulpit saying, “A young man said that he believed he had a word from the Lord and gave it to me to share it with you.” He then proceeded to share the jist of what I shared with him. But of course, prophetic words are meant to be given under a prophetic unction, and him not having that prophetic unction (inspiration), the word came across a little flat, not being as encouraging as when I had shared it with him. He noted the difference though and seeing that I was just happy to deliver the message and not have to be in the “spot-light”, I suppose that he decided he could trust me to deliver it directly to the people. So he said, “Young man was there anything else?” I then had liberty to share the message as I was hearing it from the Lord. I said…

I believe the Lord is saying that He’s happy that we are celebrating His Resurrection, but He looks forward to the day when He will celebrate ours! He wants to celebrate us rising from our sickness, us rising from our poverty, us rising from our depression. That’s what He wants to see – us rising to be all that He’s called us to be!

And may the Lord bless you today, so that you might Rise Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment